My Role at Testbirds is a series of blog posts that gives insights into the daily life at the office. Every so often, one of our employees will introduce you to his or her line of work and share some helpful tips.
This week features Ferdinand Willburger from the Sales Department of Testbirds in Munich. Ferdi, as he likes to be called, focuses on the German market along with his Business Administration studies at Kempten University of Applied Sciences.
Dream as if you’ll live forever. Live as if you’ll die today.
German. I come from Memmingen, a town of 45,000 inhabitants that is situated 115 km south-west of Munich.
2. What you do at Testbirds:
I work in the (German) sales department and I’m currently writing my thesis on Testbirds.
3. Current Computer:
4. Current mobile device:
5. One word that best describes how you work:
6. A typical work day consists of:
– Generating new leads, refreshing and qualifying old leads.
-Working on my Bachelor thesis. The thesis is about the current situation in the market in general, threats and competitors for Testbirds and how we can improve our sales strategy. The thesis is expected to be done in July/August, and hopefully Testbirds will be able to make use of the findings and implement the strategies.
7. What apps/software/tools can’t you live without?
Whatsapp: It’s the best way to connect with my friends. I’ve used it every day for a long time now, even before it became so popular (after Facebook bought it for $19 billion two months ago).
MVG and Deutsche Bahn App: When does my train leave? This app is absolutely essential to make sure you’re always on time.
Spox: Keeps me updated on what’s happening in the sports world.
8. Besides your phone and computer, what gadget can’t you live without?
My watch. When I forget it, I always have a look on my empty arm.
9. What do you like to do outside work?
Hiking in the Alps
Hanging out with friends
10. What’s the best advice/life motto you’ve ever heard?
Dream as if you’ll live forever.
Live as if you’ll die today.
11. If you could meet anyone, dead or alive, who would it be?